Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drunken Introduction

My name is Monica.

I live at 79 Market St, with two crazy housemates, a ghost named Billy, and a plastic red elephant named Handsome Rob.

Nick (“Taubs”) is infamous for wearing nurse scrubs around the house (he’s not a nurse), sporting an unruly mop of hair (often tagged jew fro), and being the only known accountant who parties six out of seven nights a week (the seventh night is usually spent cursing the prior six).



My other housemate, Maxine (“Max”), enjoys her alcohol.


(That's her in the background)

She also likes zombies, lamas, dramatic sighs, and her enviable boobs. She’s from Sydney, which might explain the zombie fetish.


I like vodka. I spend most Sundays like this:


But I just turned 25, so quarter-life crisis dictates that I start pursuing things more serious. Like a career in a bank. I’m considering it, despite being a former Arts Graduate. It’s the Gen Y in me – not so much ironic as undecided.

This house is fun. Our lives are fun - and usually drenched in gin. This blog is born out of a desire to document that fun. Or at least, the parts I can remember. And to distract myself from Health Kick number 28951. And from my hangover. And from my next career move. And from that box of chocolates staring at me.

Welcome to 79 Market St!

1 comment: